Curious about what I include in every knitting or crochet project bag? These are my top five favorite notions whether you are a beginner or are a seasoned yarn lover.
- Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hook is perfect to pick up dropped stitches or work a provisional cast on. I like the soft thumpad which means it isn’t slipping out of my hand while trying to maneuver tiny stitches.
- HiyaHiya Kitty Snips travel well! I have yet to have them confiscated by airport security. They have a cover so they won’t poke through your bag (or project).
- Knitter’s Pride Locking Stitch Markers easily mark the right or wrong side of your work, and can be attached at any point. Separate repeats, or use them as a progress keeper. I like to clip a few to the zipper pulls of my bags for easy access.
- Katrinkles Georgia Needle Gauge is cute and functional. No need to squint at the microprint size etched on your needles. Just try your needle in each hole, and the first one it moves all the way through without resistance is your winner.
- Clover Bent Tip Tapestry Needle Set is my favorite notion. It comes with 3 sizes and the bent tips make it incredibly easy to weave in ends, or put in an afterthought lifeline.
The Baggu Dopp Kit zipper bag is a shop favorite.They’re sturdy and collapse flat when not in use. They can take a beating on your commute, playground, hike, or travel. It has an interior zip pocket, and two slip pockets.
We also love Baby Baggus! They’re waterproof and ripstop nylon. My 3-4 skein projects fit easily, and they are gusseted so they sit upright. I keep some in my car for tiny grocery runs. Working on a sweater or crochet squares? Check out the full size version.
Spun Right Round Squish DK in Treasured, Pavement, and The Big Teal Wave.
What is your go-to notion? Share yours in the comments below for your chance to win a baby Baggu!