There is an extra special class in our Saturday Series classes called Learn to Dye with Mrs. Crosby. We wanted to further explain what to expect when signing up for this awesomely rare experience.
We have a lovely afternoon planned for our local Amanda Jarvis fans on Saturday, April 28th. For those unfamiliar with Amanda, she is the mastermind behind Lorna’s Laces and Mrs. Crosby! There are 2 ways you can have some fun with her: a free lunch trunk show or a dye class taught by Amanda herself!
The lunch trunk show will take place from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM. We will provide lunch but feel free to bring your favorite sweet treat. As we eat, chat, and knit, you can get one-on-one tips, tricks, and advice from one of the best in the business. Amanda will also have tons of samples for you to try on and yarn-pairing expertise to help you plan out your next Mrs. Crosby project!
We couldn’t be more excited to host our very first dye class! Sign ups started yesterday so reserve your spot soon! In this three-hour class, you’ll learn techniques for dyeing different types of hand-dyed yarns and dye your very own skein like the ones pictured above. Will you choose semi-solid, variegated, or splattershot? Whatever you choose, you’re the boss! The class cost ($85) includes all dye materials and one skein of your choice of any Mrs. Crosby yarn in Creme Fraiche or Lorna’s Laces yarn in Natural. Additional skeins will be available for purchase should you wish to dye more.
- The class will run from 2 – 5 PM but past students have finished in as little as 1 hour.
- Cancellations should be made at least one week prior to the event for a full refund. Cancellations within one week will be less a $25 cancellation fee.
- Yarn Lotto cards are not included with the purchase of just a class.
- You may use store credit towards your class cost.
- You can sign-up for this class or one of our other Saturday Series classes online or in store.